Tuesday, September 15, 2009




Hello Wolfman crew,

I am a firm believer in testing and confidently knowing how well a part or product works. I recently used the Wolfman Luggage Expedition Dry Duffel on one of my outings through the Oregon northwest. Wanting to avoid the usual grind on the major highways I began heading north to Washington via this road trying to connect the dots from Detroit Lake and Mt Hood. It was all good until I got up in elevation and a late snow had left the pass with about 6-18 inches of mushy, crusty snow. Since turning around and adding 70 plus miles to my day was something I did not want to do I continued through the snow with my bag laden KTM 950 Adventure. I stopped several times, most of them in a controlled fashion, to hike out the path to determine if I could make it through. I found that near the end of the snow, where it got the deepest, was a truck that had gotten stuck. The great thing about this was they told me that the road cleared just around the corner. This was great news as I was getting tired of man handling the big girl through the mush and getting showered with snow from the roost. The last bit I ported all my bags and gear to lighten things up, unsnapping the Dry Duffel was quick and easy. I made one trip with the Dry Duffel and my tank bag using the shoulder strap and one with the panniers. Just as I came across the last bit of snow I was met by another rider who was coming from the other direction. We chatted for a couple minutes and then we proceeded to one of his favorite stops along the way to enjoy the day, a fine cigar and banter about riding gear.

I have to say that I am very happy with the build quality, how well the bag works and withstands my level of abuse. I have beat this bag up without question. Dropped it in a creek while attempting a crossing and my gear stays clean, dry and surely attached to the bike, independent if its sideways in snow or water. It also works as a positive flotation device in the unlikely event of a water landing! I also like the enhanced visibility provided by the bright yellow material.

Ken Nelson
Adventure Machines Northwest